Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hope Fully


So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us.  This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God's inner sanctuary.                            Hebrews 6: 18-19  New Living Translation (©2007)
Hope in God's words and promises lead us into the presence of God.  Fully hoping in God is a journey I began years ago while in college.  School expenses and workloads were often beyond my reach.  I read that the Lord would supply my needs.  I sang the words: 'He walks with me and He talks with me."  And still I nervously advanced from semester to semester.  I thought, hopefully, I will have the funds I need; hopefully, my studying will result in successful outcomes.  Hope anchored me at the foot of faith, enabling me to grow in faith and trust in the Lord.

Years later, I heard a teaching by Jack Hayford about hope, referencing Hebrews 6: 9 -19.
PastorJack stated hope is:
1.  Conceived: hope must be clearly defined.  Write down that for which you are hoping.
2.  Perceived: know that hope will be assailed.  The enemy wants to crush our hopes.
3.  Believed: be anchored in God's promises.
4.  Received: rest within the veil, i.e., the Presence of the Lord

These words encouraged me over the years to hold onto hope, to hope fully, without reservation or shame.

I learned from my daughter (who learned from J.W.) that the word "hopefully", in Irish, is "le cĂșnamh DĂ©", which means "with the help of God." 

When I find myself fretting (as I did this week) about an issue, I pause hopefully - with the help of God.

How do you find hope?  You may want to share at Faith Barista's Jam Session today.

Hopefully,




FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

No comments:

Post a Comment