Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hope for Transformation


I spent the end of 2010 reading the allegory, Hind's Feet on High Places, and was struck by the reality:

just as with Much-Afraid, when I fully surrender my life to the Lord, He will transform my 'crippled feet', 'crooked mouth', and 'fearing heart.'

My desire is to walk, speak, and be in such a way that I fulfill my purpose on this earth.  In the midst of my pondering last week, I remembered a crucial truth: I am not in charge of my transformation - my role is to submit to the process...so here I am.
GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer’s; he makes me tread on my high places. Habakkuk 3:19a
What a joy to begin the year with the hope of transformation.  This caterpillar is poised for unfurling as a butterfly in those places of my heart that are under transformation this year.  The adventure continues...
******************************************************
In the dark night of the soul and in the best of times and at points in between, one desire warms my heart: "Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will be joyful in God my Savior." (Habakkuk 3:18). 

What does this look like in my life day by day?  Today, it looks like a list of gifts for which I am thankful.

#611 - 620

a new year

renewed yearning for living unfettered

new strategies for organizing

renewed hope for accomplishing goals

new butterfly pins, earrings, tealight holder

renewed faith for transformation in me; in others

new recipe for black-eyed peas

renewed passion for living.fully.each.day

new songs

renewed vision for a practice which ushers clients into the door of hope

Hope-filled on the journey,





No comments:

Post a Comment