Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Be Thou My Vision

As soon as I put in my contact lenses, I knew there was problem.  The hazy view from my  left eye led me to take out the lens, rewash it and reinsert it.  No change.

I needed to leave for an appointment, so brought along a pair of eyeglasses and lens solution - just in case I needed it.


When I returned home, the lenses had to come out!  Physically and emotionally, the haziness of the day wearied me. I mentally made plans to see an eye doctor.

Upon removing the lenses, I noticed an identical contact lens case in my cabinet.  When I opened the case, I saw another pair of contact lenses - the new pair. I spent the entire day wearing an old pair of contact lenses!  I now wonder why I held onto those old lenses - they no longer provided the vision I needed.

In this season of transformation, I  recognize my tendency to hold onto the "old" just in case I need it later.  In this case, it proved to be unwise and unhelpful.  I do not need an eye doctor - I need to let go of the old and make good use of the new.  "Waking or sleeping" - the presence of the Lord is my light.  Oh for grace to see through His eyes.
But new wine must be put into fresh wineskins. Luke 5:38
When have you held onto that which needed to fall off in your life in order to make room for something new?

No comments:

Post a Comment