Thursday, January 6, 2011

Becoming

From my teen years, I developed a fascination with butterflies. The way butterflies moved through different stages in order to become beautiful, brilliant, colorful creations caught my attention. The Creator and the creation partnered for the end result of all those stages.

Developmental stages of human growth also interest me.  I remember saying to a friend years ago that I wanted my children to remember me as a person who continued to grow throughout my lifetime. 

And grow I have...from a young girl whose extreme shyness meant that I generally knew people by their shoes rather than their faces because I froze in place with my head down in the presence of people other than family...to a college student pushing past fears to ask deep and personal questions of patients while in nursing school...to a young wife who struggled to believe that true love triumphed over differing opinions...to a mother of young children who cried out for wisdom to parent...to the woman who even today had to remind herself to be still and breathe in the midst of a stressful situation.

The word that serves as my theme for 2011 is transformation.  I am in process still, becoming the woman that God is transforming day by day.

My desire is to live free and unfettered, and to be available to the people in my world.
I want to grow in grace and truth; quietness and confidence; prayer and praise; worship and wonder; love and light.  And the beautiful truth is that the Lord longs to be gracious to me; He will oversee this transformation.
And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18
I will keep my eyes on the One who transforms me into His image...Imago Dei.  This is the year that I will tune into the process like never before...the door is open for you to visit, hear and see what transpires in the life of this woman becoming.

Today, I pulled up at the table with my cup to join Faith Barista's Thursday Jam Session.
Wander over to hear the conversation...

Becoming still,



FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

No comments:

Post a Comment