Saturday, January 15, 2011

Walking on Water


This year, more than any I remember, the Lord is calling me to the joys of care-free trust in Him.  Confidence in His loving presence strengthens me.
This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength... Isaiah 30:15 New Living Translation

Whenever possible, I spend time listening to and observing children.  The trusting ways in which children look to their caregivers astounds me each time I see it.  Children don't ask if the mortgage payment is in the mail or if you paid the electric bill online.  Children expect primary caregivers to provide what they need.  Of course, we all can think of times when this system of care fails children.  But, for the most part, when infants learn to trust, that trust is care-free. 

I am growing in care-free trust.

I am reminded of Peter's moment of care-free trust (Mark 14:24-31).  Peter and his friends sat in a boat tossed by waves watching the most fascinating sight: Jesus walking toward them - on the water!  Peter seemed to be the only one in the boat who asked to join Jesus - yes, that meant walking on water!

Although Peter lost his footing when his eyes looked at the water {circumstance} rather than at Jesus, he possessed confidence in the Lord who would enable him to walk on water.  He jumped out of the boat and started to walk.  Even when Peter's faith waned, he had confidence that the Master would respond when he cried out for help.

That type of confidence, i.e., care-free trust, is what God calls me to as I navigate the known and unknown aspects of my life.  'In quietness and confidence {care-free trust} is my strength.'  Faith-growing season is upon me!

How are you responding to the call to be confident in the Lord?

Join the Faith Barista's refreshing community to hear more about confidence.





FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

No comments:

Post a Comment