Monday, January 10, 2011

When You Need a New Beginning

I tried really hard this time.  I set up reminders.  I readjusted the schedule. 
But still, I fell short of my goal.  As I looked at  the clock and saw the time was over one hour beyond the time I set as bedtime, a sigh escaped my taut lips.

I got ready for bed after folding a dryer load of clothes.  I set the alarm, sighing as I realized that my morning would be rushed due to this late bedtime. 

I awakened before the alarm rang and got up to adjust the alarm so that I received 20 extra minutes of sleep.  

When the alarm rang, I talked myself into uttering aloud thanksgiving words: thanks for waking me up; thank you that the shower will be warm, thank you for feeling rested, etc.  It seemed so dark outside - too dark for this time of morning. 

After all my morning preparations in bathroom and bedroom, I made my way to the kitchen.  I looked at the clock in wonder - the numbers on the clock announced in green splendor that it was a full hour earlier than the bedroom alarm clock!  Somehow, while adjusting the alarm time, I advanced the clock by one hour!

I laughed and laughed!  Early morning slipped in quietly and delighted this woman who felt defeated by the slow growth in the habit of going to bed in a timely way.

Before I slip off to bed tonight, I smile with joy and gratitude as I remember the love and faithfulness of God, even when I miss the mark.  A song of thanks tumbled from my lips.  New beginnings come with each new day.
What a beautiful thing, God, to give thanks, to sing an anthem to you, the High God! To announce your love each daybreak, sing your faithful presence all through the night...Psalm 92: 1-2
I give thanks in the company of others at Ann's grace-filled place.

#621 - 631

laughter with Barb and Young-chan about my adventure with alarms

clarity regarding my goals for the year

enough time in the morning to place a wonderful meal in the crock pot

body warming hat, gloves, scarf, and coat

spirit and soul warming presence of Love and Faithfulness - day and night

new lessons learned in walking with Mama during this season of life

friendships that span decades

brisk walk in the cold to deliver a warm meal to a neighbor

long distance connection with Pam

sharing a fleece throw with hubby while sitting and chatting

winter sunsets


Multitude Mondays: one of my favorite activities each the week!

In joy,





No comments:

Post a Comment