Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Blessings

A New Year's Day cheesecake (so pretty and tasty) made by my daughter provided food for thought on the dawn of this new year.

My daughter determined to use ingredients at hand in the refrigerator.  So, she made a crust of shortbread cookies and animal crackers with a sprinkling of coconut.  She spied the frozen bag of mixed berries and envisioned a colorful and flavorful topping.  The other ingredients (eggs, flour, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, vanilla, sugar) succumbed to my daughter's culinary giftedness and merged to become a firm and fresh cheesecake.

Dear daughter created a masterpiece from what was once a motley group of solitary items.  She knew that, with her vision and plan, a great cheesecake would emerge.

Likewise, the Lord envisions all that we will become as we submit to His vision and plan for our lives.  This year, I yield with anticipation as the Great Shepherd guides me further into His plan.  I look forward to living free and unfettered as I become more of the woman God had in mind when I was conceived.
 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29.11
 The door is open - stop in to see what will be in 2011...

In joy,

No comments:

Post a Comment