Monday, November 29, 2010

Clothes for the Season

The clothes on trees this season reminded me of the upcoming season.




Most of the trees stand naked - no leaves to cover them.  The season of dormancy slid in quietly.  Dormancy allows plants to survive conditions of cold, drought, or other stress.

In my life, this season finds me changing my "clothes": decluttering at the office, at home, in my heart; listening more than speaking; receiving and giving grace. Living life with faith, intention, and mindfulness are the clothes I am wearing this season. 
I am trusting the Master to prune me, to prepare me, to grow me this season.  
Maybe dormancy is the current season for this vine; the adventure continues...
I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God.  For he has clothed me with garments  of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness... Isaiah 61:10
I open my heart and my eyes with gratitude to gifts seen in the midst of the season:

#541 colorful landscapes in the fall

#542 power walking

#543 beautifully designed and skillfully sewn Nigerian dress - a gift from a friend

#544 conversation about the future with a dear friend

#545 yielding to a simpler flow of life

#546 tasty red lentil and butternut squash soup made by my firstborn

#547 dinner with extended families

#548 steady progress in the physical and cognitive development of a special girl

#549 clarity regarding a dilemma

#550 guidance from the One who shepherds

#551 a warm home during the cold weather

#552 a heart made alive

#553 Scrabble games with my husband

#554 phone calls from Florida

#555 hope - I am never ashamed of my hope in God

#556 learning to do the next thing when I am overwhelmed

#557 flexibility to accept a last minute dinner invitation

#558 fresh coats of paint on the walls

#559 writing letters and notes to friends

#560 grace to listen

My thankful heart joins many others at the Gratitude Community





holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment