Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Developing Negatives

Kelly found her sweet spot through photography.


I discovered photography during my senior year of high school.  No one and nothing was safe whenever I was near with my camera.  Not the dog (wish I still had the photos), not the family, not even the flowers by the fence.

During that high school photography course, I learned to develop black and white film.  The slowly emerging pictures took me by surprise.  My teacher taught that once you really learned the skill of photography, you could envision the final product even before it appeared in the darkroom.

So it is with the Lord, Master Creator.  He envisioned who I would be well before I was developed.  I am grateful that my negatives (character flaws, self-pleasing bent, self-righteous, and more) were washed in His developing bath.  Salvation comes from the Lord.

I am grateful; I am still developing.  Thank you, Lord.

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  Ephesians 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment