Thursday, December 2, 2010

High Hopes


He stood at the corner holding a sign that told the story:
"Out of work.  Need Help.  God Bless."

She sighed as she gathered her boys close to her.  This is the first Christmas since the divorce she never wanted.

The strained voice on the telephone sought a promise not to be placed in a nursing home.

High hopes dashed by the weights we carry.
*************************************************
Every year I have every intention of keeping Christmas simple. 
I rarely succeed.

This year is different.  I began the process of simplifying my life earlier in the year.

I am hopeful that this year I will stop to see, hear, say what the Lord is communicating to me, through me and through others. 
This is my ADVENTure and my hope this Christmas.

For this Christmas season, I hope for many people to unwrap the gifts of salvation, peace, faith.

I hope to be a carrier of the message of Hope.

How can this be?  The Holy Spirit will give me power to share the good news, to give the practical help, and to quiet the busyness in my life and heart.

High hopes?  Very Present Help is here!
“Behold, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us. This is the Lord; we have waited for him; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation.” Isaiah 25:9

What are your hopes for Christmas?  Share with the folks at the Faith Barista Jam

FaithBarista_Christmas_JamBadge


No comments:

Post a Comment