Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Presence

The Faith Barista post on gift giving at Christmas struck a chord with me - especially the suggestion to consider an individual's love language when choosing a gift.  In  recent years, after "missing the gift mark" at times, I spend more time thinking about giving gifts that resonate with the receiver.

Last week was a busy week of Christmas gift-giving from me to others.  The gifts were as different as the person to whom they were given, but they had a common theme.  I gave the gift of presence - spending time with my mother; going out to dinner with my husband and a dear couple we have not spent much time with; meeting my friend for dinner to celebrate her birthday; praying with another friend...


I shopped for gifts from stores for other family and friends.  My children still receive from me an ornament that tells the story of an aspect of their lives in the current year. One friend enjoys gifts from World Vision or other life-giving gifts, so that is what I give to her.

I am not at all original in my desire to share my presence with friends, loved ones, and even strangers during the Christmas season.

God gave the gift of Immanuel - God with Us.  His presence continues to give...
"A Savior has just been born in David's town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master." Luke 2
FaithBarista_Christmas_JamBadge


No comments:

Post a Comment