Thursday, September 23, 2010

What to do when you are tightly wound...

Worry, worry, worry - stowaways on my journey;

Insight told me that I needed to trust God more, then I'd worry less.

Sometimes, the harder I tried the more I worried!

Worry, worry, worry - stowaways on my journey;

Easy to go there - difficult to let go - until...

I discovered how humor can disconnect my worry wires.

A few years ago, I searched for yet another hair care product that would smooth the tight curls and tame the frizz.

On the shelf I saw a familiar product name and the words: Lasting Control for Curls without Frizz

Well, the decision was made: I had to buy the product that gave me control and no frizz.

After all, wasn't that what my worry, worry, worry was about - control?

I digress...

Anyway, I bought the hair care product.  I used it for about five days.  The results were average, but not a complete waste.

One morning when I picked up the product (with a very worry-filled mind), I took time to read the label.

I laughed and laughed and laughed.  What I had never seen on the bottle were the words:
Tightly Wound

Yes, folks, even the hair care product knew the state of my soul that morning!!  I indeed found myself tightly wound - worrying about this, anxious about that.

Now, before you run out to the store, know that the product was a vehicle for God's words to me - 'you need to loosen control, then the worry will lessen.'

I don't use the product for my hair, but I surely remind myself of the story behind the product.for.me.

Hair's still curly and sometimes frizzy, but I am happily out of control -
um, most of the time!  I am learning to trust God more each day...

Feel free to Jam with Faith Barista and tell your story!




When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psalm 94:19