Monday, September 13, 2010

Grateful Brokenness

After a week of reading the posts of Compassion bloggers in Guatemala

and reading The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns


my.heart.breaks.

I found myself singing Hillsong's Hosanna in the Highest throughout the day.  The lyrics that played over and over again on my lips and in my heart are:

Heal my heart and make it clean open up my eyes to the things unseen; show me how to love like you have loved me. Break my heart for what breaks yours; everything I am for your kingdom's cause; as I walk from earth into eternity. Hosanna in the highest.
Gratitude bubbles up from my heart for:

#411-420

heart cleansing words

forgiveness

eyes opened to the world

Good News

willingness to live out loud

grace for living

seed for sowing

opportunity to write words of encouragement

more than enough

people to love with Love
But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what God is looking for in men and women.  It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, and don't take yourself too seriously— take God seriously.   Micah 6:8 (The Message)
Counting up 1,000 gifts with the Gratitude Community.

3 comments:

  1. I sense that attitude of worship in your post! It has been a week of being in awe of who we serve and how we can better be his hands and feet. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, thank you for visiting today. Peace and grace to you.

    Stephani, thank you for hearing. Enjoy the week. Grace and strength to you.

    ReplyDelete