Monday, September 20, 2010

Preparing the Way


He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God.  Psalm 50:23
Thinking
What to do when a season for the reframing project comes to an end and so much remains unheard.  Like a door opening to a fall, my heart and my head brace for the next season.

I spent a weekend in the mountains with pen and paper poised, ready to write the wise words He would speak.  I watched and I waited; the words absent on the pages.


I waited and I watched.  The words began to form from my lips, not His.

The thank offerings spilled out word upon word as I beheld beauty and provision, celebration and quiet, salvation and purpose.


I continue to speak out loud thank offerings to my Creator, my Lord, as I move into a new season. 


Thank offerings honor the Lord and prepare the way for salvation.

Thankful words pour from my lips to His ears.

#421-441

enjoying crisp, cool nights

sleeping in warm beds

eating apple and cranberry pie after a hike

crackling yellow and brown leaves underfoot

seeing red, brown, green, yellow tree leaves on display

watching a shimmering lake

catching sun burning off fog

joining in laughter and listening in a cabin

hearing God through the voice of a mother and a father

hearing God through the voice of a two-year old boy

experiencing wedding celebration in three languages

connecting heart to heart in a quiet moment

meeting a majestic moose on the night road

sharing goods and foods and friends in common

hearing reports of generous-hearted teens

bonding time away with daughter

giving language to emotions

acting on compassionate feelings

understanding more of the heart of God

repenting for smallness of my heart

opening to a more excellent way


You may wish to pave a path of thank offerings with the Gratitude Community at Ann's blog





holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment