Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hope Said...

The telephone rang; Lisa wondered if I would join her for a walk in the neighborhood.

After a long work day, I hesitated to go, but hope said: "Sure!  Stop by as you wind around the block."

Lisa, Chrystal, Hope (soon to be 4 years old), Casey (the dog) and I met up and began walking.

Hope asked me why the fence posts were pointed;
she walked in open-eyed wonder.

Chrystal (Hope's mother) and Lisa (Hope's aunt) shared with me a story that continues to ring in my soul.

Chrystal and Lisa looked through a book to seek discussion questions for a group of women. 

Hope listened.

Lisa and Chrystal found a question: if you could have any person's heart, without them having to die, whose would you want?  The ladies thought.

Hope said: Jesus.  She wanted the heart of Jesus.

As I pondered this story, I thought: "I want what Hope said; I want the heart of Jesus."

Jesus did have to die for me, for us, to have His heart.  So wonderful to know that He is alive forever!
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.  Ezekiel 36:26
I am grateful for this heart transplant.  Thank you, Father.

With heart,

1 comment: