Saturday, April 23, 2011

What's happening when transformation is in process?

 I spent Good Friday with 8 young girls ages 5 - 11 years old.

Many years have gone by since my little girl walked through those ages.

So, when I agreed to spend over three hours with them, inspiration was needed.  I prayed for this special time.

We discussed resurrection - specifically that Jesus did die; God raised Him from the dead; and we can have new life in Jesus.

We read Truth; we laughed; we sang...

And we discussed the three ways in which this woman is being transformed on the road to resurrection of every aspect of life.

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1  Thessalonians 5:16-18 
We wrote thank you notes to the Lord.  We sang songs of joy.  We talked to the Lord; and we practiced listening to Him.

Eight little girls showed me the power of yielding to the transforming power of resurrection.  They listened, they talked, they asked questions, and one of them sang an original composition - a new song of joy that she composed at the piano. 


As I thought of the places in my heart that long for transformation, my heart expanded to receive the gift of life - resurrected life as demonstrated in the lives of these young ones, as received by trusting in the Love that will not let me go...


My prayers for healing of family members and unstopping of flow of positive relationships continue.  Hope in the power of resurrection gives focus and feeds faith.
Resurrection precedes transformation.  The process continues...





I am joining with the folks at the Faith Barista Jam. Stop by to visit.



FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

No comments:

Post a Comment