Friday, April 15, 2011

Simply Divine: Living in His Presence

 And  I make it my business only to persevere in His holy presence, wherein I keep myself by a simple attention, and a general fond regard to God, which I may call an actual presence of God; or to speak  better, an habitual, silent, and secret conversation of the soul with God...  Brother Lawrence in The Practice of the Presence of God

Since this new year began, I have enjoyed a new facet of relationship with the Lord, which I call simply divine.  The cluttered and distracted approach to my relationship with the Lord is transforming into simplicity and awareness of His presence throughout my days and nights. 

Simplicity minimizes double-mindedness - duplicity.  Living simply enables me to keep my mind on the Lord in all circumstances (with help from the Holy Spirit).

Mindfulness - being aware - cuts through distractions.  I am content to sit and listen in God's presence. Charging forth with my prayer agenda can wait as I linger in conversation or in silence or both.

Relationship triumphs tasks in this season and my heart is transforming - softened like clay being molded in the skillful Potter's hands.  

This morning, I heard one of my favorite hymns from childhood: In the Garden.  The memory of my little girl voice belting out the lyrics -
"He walks with me and He talks with me; and He tells me I am His own. And the joy we share as we tarry there; none other has ever known."
- the memory brought tears to these older woman's eyes.  I am enjoying this season of close relationship with the One who made relationship with the Holy possible.  My heart sings with thanksgiving and praise...simply divine.

Today, I join the Faith Barista Jam where many voices are sharing...









FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

No comments:

Post a Comment