Monday, March 7, 2011

Transforming Cycle: Three Actions for Springing Forward

I sat with a friend in a coffee shop on a chore-filled Saturday.  We chatted, we sipped and supped...the conversation waned.  We sat in silence. 

Then she asked me: "What is your rain?"   "What fills up your reservoir?"

After we parted, I pondered those questions for the remainder of the day.

I thought of wonderful people and grand activities and satisfying hobbies that fill me up.



Throughout the rainy Sunday, I continued to think about being filled...

Then I got flooded - in the youth worship hall singing to the Lord about pouring out my love on Him.

I realized in that moment that no one and nothing fills me like the three things that land me in the Presence of Love every time.  The three actions that transform my life daily:

Rejoice always;
Pray without ceasing;
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you
1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

Not a formula, but a communication cycle - one that transforms my easy-to-indulge-emotional-whims into a heart of worship; a cycle that humbles the self-possessed, self-centered part of me; a cycle that brings me into the presence of my Redeemer - and I spring forward - and I give thanks and pray and rejoice and give thanks and pray and rejoice by His Grace.

This day, I join with Ann's community of thanks-givers as the cycle continues...

#741 - #750
warm bubble bath
early morning sunshine
raindrops falling on my head
morning commute with daughter
evening phone call with son
leisurely dinner with husband
chat with colleague
attitude check
roomful of teens
breaking open the bread of life

#751- #760
men transformed by mission's life-giving care
meal prepared by transformed men
stars in the night sky
hearing the voice of God in transformed men
giving thanks to transformed men
hope for the hopeless
worn wooden chapel floors
art created by transforming men
new life and second chances
books for all


#761 - #770
blooming  daffodils
crockpots for busy days
friendships over years
butterfly earrings
warm cream-colored sweater
pressure from assignment
choices - hard choices
thanks - hard thanks
freshly made guacamole
sharing a meal

Rejoicing, praying, and giving thanks for life!



No comments:

Post a Comment