Lent comes in the midst of waning winter and soon-coming spring. My soul cries out for the fullness of all that the Lord provided at the cross and in resurrection. I am more acutely aware this week of my need to sit in the Lord's presence; to be still and know He is God in the midst of harried work days and loved one in the hospital and misunderstood communication and weary bodies and...
With every season, we wear clothing that works for the weather, mood, etc.
Come to the dressing room with me to select clothes for Lent - clothes that will transform.
I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness... Isaiah 61:10
- The Lord offers freely the garment of salvation
- God places a robe of righteousness on us when we receive His Gift
- Humility is an essential clothing item (1 Peter 5:5-7, Colossians 3:12)
- Wide open eyes - awareness is crucial
- Ears tuned to the voice of the Good Shepherd
- Joy oils the joints and gives perspective
- Willingness to press through to seek the Lord (like the crocus pressing through hard packed winter earth)
What are you wearing during Lent?