Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lent: A Season of Growing Awareness

When I was a young girl Lent was a season for counting the costs of sharing - literally.  To those who wanted to participate, my church gave a card with dime-sized slits. 
blank 5.00 dollar  coin folders
I remember sliding a dime in each slit during Lent.  I attentively supplied a dime each day during Lent.  A completely filled card supported missions work. 

This year, I am marking the days prior to celebration of the Resurrection by slowing down enough to grow in awareness.  What will I see in the slits of my eyes this season? 

Several fellow journeyers inspire my awareness:

Dianna reminds me to praise along the way;

Counting gifts and living fully is a habit I learned from Ann;

Stephani uses a camera lens to sharpen awareness;

Praying enhances awareness as Lisa writes; and

During Lent, rules don't rule - Life leads, as Cassandra notes.
I continue the transforming cycle that is my focus this year:


Rejoice always;

Pray without ceasing;
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you
1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

Do you have a focus during Lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment