Monday, October 4, 2010

Orienteering


Each of our children experienced "outdoor school" for a week during fourth grade.  This city girl mama accompanied first born daughter on the trip.  During that trip, I developed an enduring appreciation for nature.  This is my Father's world.

Hiking, reading, playing, learning, eating, conversing, praying, singing filled our days and nights.  An intriguing aspect of the week for city girl mama was orienteering: finding our way with map and compass.  The children experienced a separate orienteering course prior to the trip and were familiar with finding their way.  I hadn't a clue!

Lately, pondering a life less hectic, less stressful, and desiring a more intentional, more worshipful life readied my heart to hear the words that reminded me to mind my map (the  Word of God) and compass (Holy Spirit led living).  

Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.  Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.  Proverbs 4:25-27
Gratitude and praise orient my steps as I worship the Living God.

Praising and thanking Him for many gifts:

#452 - 461

baking an apple cake with Rachel

maneuvering flattened apple cake into a tasty treat

chatting about lunch options with Quez

dreaming with Reggie

singing as seven teens are baptized

listening to Mama's recollections

reading and understanding about the lives of refugee families

writing to Fernando, our son of Compassion

chopping parsely freshly picked from the patio

walking and talking with my friend

Join the throngs walking with Ann on Multitude Mondays.



holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment