Monday, October 18, 2010

Night Songs


Troubles seemed to grow like weeds over the past weeks.  Simultaneously, prayers for healing multiplied toward the throne of the One who hears and helps...our Refuge and Strength; our very present Help. 

After decades of witnessing the power of song, I marvel at the truth that singing, even during dark nights of the soul, awakens thanksgiving in my heart.
You hold my eyelids open; I am so troubled that I cannot speak.  I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times.  I call to remembrance my song in the night; I meditate within my heart, and my spirit makes diligent search.  Psalm 77:4-6
So I sing: I sing in tune with Truth. 
I sing lyrics written by Love. 
I rest in refrains sung by my Redeemer.

I sing with thanks for:

#472 - 481

a long history of grace moments (I remember, Lord!)

enduring love in marriage

privilege of seeing two precious children grow to adulthood

companions in intercession during dark nights

comfort and care for parents who recently experienced the death of their child

hope for healing

faith: authored and finished by the only One who can

tears: they speak volumes when words fail

blood: divine and human

being held when so much seems to be falling apart




Nothing is impossible for You; you hold my world in Your hands!
Hear one song that has crossed my lips many times this weekend: Healer





holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment