Sunday, July 4, 2010

Reframing rest - it is happening now!

I took an unexpected break from blogging this week (deep breath).  I knew that I would be away at the National  Association of School Nurses (NASN) conference this week.  My intentions included finding quiet moments each day so that I could write blog posts.  Obviously, that did not happen.

What did happen?  In addition to hearing relevant and current clinical information, several session speakers spoke of:
deeply breathing and resting;
taking a sabbatical for the soul and balancing life and living my priorities;
asking for what I want and remembering to laugh and being grateful.

So, I breathed deeply and prioritized rest by:

enjoying conversations with friends and colleagues;

opening my eyes to beauty all around me (like the vibrant colors in the garment and jewels below);


laughing and learning and connecting;


breathing, deeply breathing...



The  result: I am dreaming big and opening my heart wider and thinking of the pathway of purpose that has brought me to today.  

In sharing my reframing project with friends at the conference, I found that many of them are also reframing aspects of their lives.  In my next post, I will share how my dreams are reframed.

What areas in your life are you reframing?

Donna

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna, the idea of reframing intriges me. I believe I should reframe some of my relationships. For me this means different interactions, not necessaryly responding the same ,and always minding how I trod through life. It is so easy to get in a rut and then seek quick fixes for satisfaction- not what really satisfies.

    sue

    ReplyDelete