Monday, July 11, 2011

Remember when...?


I enjoy hearing stories from parents and grandparents about their children (and grandchildren).  I often think back to years long gone when my two young adults were babies.  What lingers vividly in my memory are not sleepless nights and colic-y cries, but the curious looks and Gumby-like facial contortions; the doubled-over laughter and top of the lungs singing.

At the end of several hours of intense numbers crunching, a friend came to my desk to show a picture on her smart phone.  Two weeks old Sophia lay swaddled in a blanket nestled in a baby carrier.  That one picture changed my countenance. I felt gratitude bubbling from my heart and head - spilling over from my mouth.

How amazing to watch newborn babies acclimate to their new environments oblivious to all but required needs - sleeping, eating, and eliminating.

Their power to evoke Creator praise astounds me.  So with this in mind, I join thanks-givers at Ann's blog and write thanks to the One who gives and gives and gives. 

You've had a taste of God. Now, like infants at the breast, drink deep of God's pure kindness. Then you'll grow up mature and whole in God. 1 Peter 2:2-3 The Message
#1028 - 1037

Sophia's hand to the brow at 2 weeks old

Milan leaning into her daddy's hands as he massages her scalp

Big brother, Jaden, gently kissing baby's forehead

Sydney dancing for the summer

Sienna prancing proudly in her ruffled dress

CJ's careful study of faces before him

Marguerite's four grands - who are grand indeed

Tales from Abby's curious and loving three grandsons and single granddaughter

Littlest one born so soon - living daily

Drinking deeply of God's pure kindness

Remember when...?

In joy,






No comments:

Post a Comment