While in the UK, I heard a sermon titled Wells Old and New that focused on the story of Isaac unstopping old and digging new wells. As I thought about wells, I recognized that I am in a new season of life (age-wise) and I must dig new wells - new habits, renewed focus, expanded trust with corresponding actions in the presence of the Lord began the process.
As I sat with these thoughts, the words of Isaiah 12 played over and over again on my internal iPod. Within those words resided well unstopping and digging instructions for me in this season:
- Praise God - every day - throughout the day
- Trust and do not be afraid
- Recognize the Lord as my strength and my song
- Joyfully draw water from the wells of salvation - He is my salvation!
- Give thanks to the Lord
- Call out to the Lord
- Tell people what the Lord has done
- Proclaim His exalted name out loud
- Sing for joy