Thursday, July 14, 2011

What happens when faith leads the way

While pregnant with our second child, a request from the doctor led to blood tests for my husband and me in order to rule out a genetic disorder.  We already had a child and had undergone genetic testing in a large medical center, so I was unconcerned. 

When the test results came back trait positive for both of us, I sat stunned listening to the doctor list the chances (25%) that our child would be born with a genetic disorder. 

Throughout the remaining  five months of pregnancy, I memorized and meditated on scriptures I had written on index cards.  We prayed for health and wholeness. I had faith to believe for a healthy baby.

Ten days after our child arrived, the pediatrician called to tell me that the precious infant resting in my arms did have the genetic disorder. 

How could this be?!  I thought that my faith would prevent such a diagnosis.  My heart hurt with thoughts of what could be.  My child - now an adult - taught me, by example, how to live by faith.

What I learned over the years is that:
  • my faith enabled me to have peace with God - through fun times and tough times
  • faith gave me access to grace - the grace I stand in daily
  • I could rejoice in hope of the glory of God - no matter the circumstance
This faith-leading lifestyle unfolded step by step - not all at once.  When I faltered in faith, grace allowed me to stand again.  Faith enabled me to hope.  


Therefore, since we have  been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1-2 
I continue to grow in faith - rejoicing in hope.

Join me at the Faith Barista's Jam and share a story of faith.

FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

No comments:

Post a Comment