Monday, February 7, 2011

It's in the Details

Becoming a thanks giver opens the eyes of my heart, enabling me to see gifts in the most ordinary situations.  In the details of my days - in the midst of cleaning, cooking, policy-making, singing, teaching, listening - all the details of my life, I'm becoming aware of gifts such as:

#662 serving Bev's freshly baked cookies

#663 preparing guacamole

#664 celebrating a friend's acceptance in a springtime medical mission

#665 experiencing peace in the midst of chaos - "when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I..."

#666 learning new worship songs in a youth ministry training

#667 listening to a young adult's dream for his future

#668 listening to a dear mother's memories of the past

#669 acknowledging the realities of the present while trusting in the plans of the Lord

#670 lingering in conversation after prayer

#671 sharing books with a hungry learner
Let every detail in your lives - words, actions, whatever - be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way.  Colossians 3:17 (Message)
You may want to detail the gifts in your world with the Gratitude Community at Ann's place

Hopefully, your week will burst at the seams with gratitude.




No comments:

Post a Comment