Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow Down

Well, they said it would come and it is coming.

The snow is plentiful; the snow is beautiful;

The snow - massive amounts of snow - is a reminder for me to  snow slow down.
 

I have needed lots of reminders to slow down as the:
  • work days lengthen
  • relationships with youth grow deeper
  • flames of love with my husband are kindled
  • mama heart cries out to God on behalf of the young adults
  • daughter love shows up with soups for nourishing heart and body
  • friendships long for tending
  • the harvest is plentiful
The Lord provided words of life this week - words that stopped me in my hurried life.  I sit in the place by you, Lord.  I see you in all your goodness, grace and glory.  In the midst of it all, you remain. Thank you for your glorious, grace-filled presence.

"Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock; and it will come about, while my glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by."  Exodus 33:21-22

No comments:

Post a Comment