Thursday, February 18, 2010

But One Thing I Do...

Well, I finally admitted that my multi-tasking ways are not reaping the benefits I desired.  This week, I am growing in the area of focus.  Instead of juggling several items at the same time, I am choosing one thing to do at a time.  The focus on one thing at a time has been stretching and rewarding.  I have accomplished more "whole" items than usual in the workplace.  At home, I find it a bit more challenging to choose one thing to do at a time.  I am still reaching for that goal.

Not suprisingly, while spending time with the Lord, I am also learning to choose that one thing - focus on Him - as opposed to the all too frequent mind sweeping thoughts in which I engage.

During this season of Lent, I plan to focus and press toward the goals to:

worship the Lord with singleness of heart, soul, mind and strength;

love people as Christ loves; and

maintain wonder at the truth of the Lord's unfailing mercy and abundant grace.

Help me, Lord.


I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead...    Philippians 3:13


No comments:

Post a Comment