Friday, February 12, 2010

Joy Comes

I called to say hello to the one who bore me.  When I heard her voice, I knew the night had been long.  "My arm aches so badly."   Tell me about it, I replied (didn't I learn to say those words from her?).  She talked; I listened.  She had a plan; an appointment to take care of herself.  I wanted to come quickly.  The snow said, 'no way.'  In the car were containers of soup, lovingly prepared for the one who fed me for many years.  I could not get there.  Later we spoke.  The doctor gave help and hope.  Her voice had a lilt.  "Bring the soup another day.  I am fine now." 

Long night
Pain so strong
Morning came
So did help and hope


"...Weeping may remain for a night; but rejoicing comes in the morning."  Psalm 30:5

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment