Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why hope helps

I spent a long day working on priorities, listening to complaints, and writing crucial words.
Ordinarily, such a day would leave me feeling wiped out and out of sorts - like a forest stripped bare.

But, this morning before leaving the warm, comfortable bed, I remembered to hope, to call upon the Lord in my distress.  I read:
For you have been my hope, Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.  From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother’s womb. I will ever praise you...As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.  Psalm 71:5-6,14
Today, hope was a ladder I climbed - one rung at a time.  When I could not think creatively and did not see a way to resolve issues, I uttered words of hope and praise for the Sovereign One. 

Hope helps.

When was the last time holding onto hope helped you?




No comments:

Post a Comment