Monday, May 3, 2010

Clinging souls upheld

Hospitalizations of loved ones unleash prayers for mercy and health.  The faithfulness of praying family and friends adds strength and grace during busy days and long nights.  What a blessing to experience such support and comfort. 
In addition to praying friends and family, the Lord holds and sustains the one who cries out; the one who clings to Him. 
********************************************************************************
"But you are a shield around me, O  Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.  To the Lord I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill."   Psalm 3:3-4 
********************************************************************************
"My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me." Psalm 63:8
While clinging to the Lord and receiving the gift of support from family and friends, my heart is grateful for:
#232  restorative power of blood
#233  oxygen for body and soul

#234  check in phone calls
#235  overstuffed chair time for reading, writing, praying...
#236  trust lessons that emerge from unlearning the tendency to lean on my understanding (still unlearning)
#237  His unfailing love resting upon us
#238  child-like ability to carry on in the midst of pain

 #239  singing - really singing - in the shadow of his wings
#240  visits to help family and friend
#241  Strong and Loving Lord
Interested in joining this Gratitude Community? 




 
 holy experience

2 comments:

  1. I can tell through your writings that you have expereienced so much in recent weeks (months). I'm praying for you and your loved ones the best I know how. I'm so thankful that God is helping you to see the blessings amongst the thorns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,
    I'm doing some catch up reading today on blogs that I missed while away with our family in Maine. I love the picture in this post that you did...the one of "clinging". It is a beautiful picture of how we need to cling to Abba...our very life depends on it...our real life...the one made of spiritual things. That is what sustains our mortal bodies of flesh that don't always cling to Abba. Praying for you, dear one.

    ReplyDelete