Sunday, March 21, 2010

Getting Ready

The winter seemed long this year.  An abundance of cold and snow prompted thoughts of hibernation!

This week has been a delightful reminder of seasonal rhythms...spring follows winter - always.

As I get closer to Easter, I am pondering the impact of the resurrection in my daily life.
  

"The resurrection is proof of Christ’s victory over sin and our hope of salvation." 
Henry Blackaby in Experiencing the Resurrection (2008)
Pondering the resurrection opens my eyes to signs of life at the end of winter:





life peeking out from the matted earth










buds intact after snows and winds









water coursing through barrenness







As I wait for answers to prayers,
fulfillment of dreams,
and so much more that my heart whispers, I sing:



 
God, the one and only -
I'll wait as long as he says;
Everything I need comes from him, so why not?
He's solid rock under my feet,
breathing room for my soul,
an impregnable castle:
I'm set for life...
Everything I hope for comes from him...                   
Psalm 62 (The Message)

2 comments:

  1. Donna,
    I so enjoyed your post today. The faithfulness of God in spring always following winter is something that I've been thinking about this week. From the dead of winter to the new birth of spring is such a picture of the life of a Believer and lover of Jesus. Yet after meeting Him, He shows us yet more "dead of winter" that He wants to make "spring"...changing from grace to grace. It is a great life, Yes? Thanks so much for the thoughtful reflection this morning, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post Donna. I am reminded in the midst of the difficulties that I face, that Jesus already has the victory. Because of him, I too am an overcomer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete