Saturday, March 6, 2010

Can You Hear Me Now?

When the telephone rang, I heard the message that my child's body was again in distress.  A distance of over hundreds of miles did not dull the ache in my mother's heart as I followed the progress of intervention and healing.  By the second day, in the dim, early morning hours, I knew what I had to do...I had to be physically present to serve up love in action - practical help for family in need.  After sharing this desire with my intrepid young adult and my wise husband, plans were made and within that same day, I was present, with joy, serving up love.


The sure word of guidance came when light was dim.  Though all seemed dark, in His Light, I see light.  His voice was clear.  His voice spoke light into darkness and strength into my weary, prone to worry soul.  Peace came...so did healing.  I hear you, Lord.

"So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open, drinking in your strength and glory..." Psalm 63

No comments:

Post a Comment